There are moments when life offers you an opportunity. Those moments are rare, and you’re often unprepared for them. But they are the times that offer the chance to grow, fail, change, and thrive. This is one of those moments.
Today we’re launching our sixth Build a Business Competition — the largest entrepreneurship competition in the world, and your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to kickstart your dream business.
This year, we’ve partnered with the New York Stock Exchange to give five entrepreneurs the experience of a lifetime. You’ll start by ringing the NYSE Opening Bell, and then spend the next five days at Oheka Castle (The Great Gatsby mansion), along with some of the world’s most celebrated entrepreneurs.
The Experience of a Lifetime
Here’s what five lucky entrepreneurs like you could win:
- Fly to New York City to meet the rest of the winners
- Ring the NYSE Opening Bell at the New York Stock Exchange
- Be interviewed live by CNBC (a network with a reach of 93.6 million households)
- Fly via helicopter to Oheka Castle. (Look familiar? It was the inspiration for The Great Gatsby estate in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel, as well as the shooting location of Taylor Swift’s Blank Space music video.)
- A five-day entrepreneur experience at Oheka Castle featuring one-on-one business advice from our all-star lineup including:
How it works
To participate, open a Shopify store, come up with a product or service – and start selling.
At the end of the competition, the five stores that sell the most over any two-month period will win this entrepreneurial experience of a lifetime.
The competition officially opens on Oct. 1 2015, and you can enter right on up until March 31 2016. Any Shopify store that was opened after June 1 2015 may join the competition. You’ll be able to keep ramping up sales until May 31 2016 when the competition officially closes.
The competition is open to residents of the USA (select states), United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Spain and Denmark. Although strict gaming laws prevent us from making prizes available in every country, everyone can participate in the competition.
The only thing stopping you from winning this competition is you — maybe your fear of failure, or feeling like you don’t have a product to sell. But we’ll provide all the tools you need to pick a product, launch a successful company, and win this competition.
Have you ever thought about starting your own business or selling something online? Now is the time. What do you have to lose?