About the role
Oberlo App is powered by Shopify, which allows entrepreneurs to search and find products to sell online. It enables anyone to start a business without worrying about inventory. Over the last two years, we have helped thousands of entrepreneurs sell over 100 million products.
Oberlo is growing and we want to take our impact to the next level. For this to happen we’re looking for an experienced Manager to own Finance at Oberlo. We’re seeking a proven self-starter who combines a passion for analysis with strong technical skills, and is able to work well independently. As the finance “go-to” person for the business, you will work on supporting Oberlo in all matters that impact Finance and Accounting.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience with experience of managing small team
- Possess an auditor’s/professional accountant certificate is preferable (ACCA or equivalent preferable)
- Experience interacting with management and contributing to overall business goals
- Passion for operational accounting and process improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Lithuanian; German would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Experience using Excel at an intermediate level, with motivation to improve
- Proven attention to detail and an ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize your workload and a flexible/adaptable nature that will thrive in Oberlo's fast paced environment
It’ll be great if you have experience in:
- Using an established accounting ERP, preferably Netsuite
- Working in a financial reporting role in the high tech industry
- Ensuring internal control compliance within publicly listed companies
You will be working on things like:
- Completing the month, quarter, and year-end close process
- Preparing financial statements at the subsidiary level (including reporting for Corporate and Statutory purposes)
- Coordinating with outside parties such as government agencies, outsourced payroll providers and auditors
- Project-based work including, but not limited to, supporting the development of internal financial systems and assessing local accounting standard developments
- Assessing local operations with an aim for continuous improvement, provide consultations to management in terms of Finance
- Providing external and internal audit support
- Supporting and helping to develop less established international offices in Germany and China; with the opportunity to support others in India, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Ireland.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of dropshipping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application, and tell us why you’re the right person for this role! Please submit your cover letter in English, addressed to Phil Whitham.