About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 600,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increase, we’re looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to our finance team in Ottawa. You will be working closely with the business to provide accurate and lightning-fast processing of Payables.
- Process accounts payable invoices in the accounting system
- Review corporate credit card transactions
- Ensure that transactions are in conformity with the company’s delegation of authority
- Ensure that all invoices are properly supported
- Assist with other accounting activities as required
It'd be great if you have…
- Minimum college diploma in Accounting and theoretical understanding of Accounting concepts
- Experience using Excel at an intermediate level & motivated to improve
- Experience using an established accounting software is strongly desired
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Flexible / adaptable nature that will thrive in Shopify's fast paced environment
- High standards with regards to processing quickly and accurately
- Readiness to go extra mile to avoid mistakes
Bonus points if you have...
- Desire to pursue further Accounting studies, possibly a designation
- Experience with Nexonia and NetSuite
- Experience working on a Mac
- Experience in a tech and high-growth company
Here's how to apply:
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Julie is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
Super Fun Test
In order to get a good feel of your accounting skills, we've decided to design a little accounting test. The key is to do this test in 30 min or less. Part 1, no longer than 5 min. Part 2, no longer than 15 minutes. Part 3, no longer than 10 minutes.
Please visit the link below to view the data sets and begin the test. Once you have completed the test please submit it as an attachment in an excel file along with your resume and anything else you may think we should see.
|Senior Finance Manager||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|