About the role
The Support Operations team at Shopify is responsible for supporting and enabling our Merchant Support team. Our mission is to make conversations effortless and valuable. To do that we support, manage, develop and implement business systems that power the thousands of conversations our Merchant Support team has everyday. From self-help through to matching a merchant and a Guru and all the tools they need to get their job done.
The Support team is fast evolving and fast moving, that means we need to be faster and work to anticipate requests and solve problems before they happen. To do that we’re looking for a Program Manager to help us manage and ship projects.
In this role is based in our Ottawa head office, you’ll be working closely with Stakeholders, Engineers, Business Systems Analysts and other teams within Support to ship projects from concept through to delivery. You’ll be managing cross-team projects that impact business systems that drive our Support team. We’re not a traditional Contact Centre and neither is our approach to how we solve problems. You’ll need to take your knowledge of best practices and tailor them to our culture.
This will require oversight and understanding of the various ongoing projects and requests. You will help to drive projects forward, manage priority with the Senior Support Leadership Team and keep all stakeholders updated. And, you’ll have a great opportunity to shape the future of the Support Operations team and impact thousands of conversations a day.
- Manage a portfolio of projects and assist in building and improving project management best practices across the team.
- Define project scope, timelines and resources needed to ship projects.
- Draft project briefs, RFP/RFQ documents, and heavily engage in vendor selection and management.
- Capture and provide transparency to project plans, status, and issues to project teams, stakeholders and the Senior Support Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to document epics and user stories, and build project backlogs.
- Work with product owners and business analysts to build project backlogs including epics and user stories.
- Take teams through Scrum ceremonies on an operational level.
- Help teams to recognize and produce Agile artifacts.
- Proactively monitor and assess team health and project needs.
- Report on budget, schedule and resource allocation.
- Act as and/or work with product manager to craft product roadmaps.
- Manage release train.
- Collaborate with the Senior Support Leadership team on priority of cross-departmental projects that the team will tackle.
- Define project team roles and responsibilities and drive task completion.
- Define acceptance criteria for each activity and deliverable.
- Create an environment where everyone on the team has the opportunity to be creative and influence decisions.
- Hold the team and stakeholders accountable to deadlines and commitments.
- Determine the downstream impact of change to workflows and behaviours and work with stakeholders to maximize user adoption.
Requirements for the role:
- Years of experience; We won’t count up your years of experience, but the content of those years is important.
- Expert level experience in project management methodologies and practices (Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as relationship building skills.
- 20% travel is expected.
- Able to improve our time to ship and reduce delays.
- Good understanding of Machine Learning and AI.
- Overriding ambition and proactive nature combined with the ability to inspire others.
- Problem solver. Evaluate the impact and scope of changes and determine the impact to delivery dates and assess options.
- Find new opportunities to grow yourself and those around you.
- Explore technologies, improve project management and agile practice.
- Results driven–always. Must be willing to do what it takes to make each project or task a success. All within a healthy work-life balance!
- Curious; ask questions to adequately understand needs, assess impact, anticipate potential roadblocks, and mitigate risk.
Projects you could work on:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM),
- Call Centre and IVR tools,
- Forums, Knowledge Management tools and other type of platforms,
- Other projects for sure.
What you'll get at Shopify:
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible benefits including health and wellness perks, parental leave, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Salesforce Quality Assurance Engineer||Customer Support||Ottawa, Canada|