About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
Our Vilnius team is looking for a Backend Developer excited to build, grow and scale our greenfield product with us. We need the help of a dedicated, curious and versatile developer with a passion for performance, and simplicity. Does this sound like you?
As a part of our backend development team, you'll not only work on improving the company’s products, but also on increasing the calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual ownership and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of back end developers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Rails, Django ...).
- Understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Elasticsearch).
- Profound understanding of Object Oriented / modular programming.
- Experience with Cloud Providers (Amazon AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud).
- Knowledge about TDD, BDD.
- Understanding Domain Driven Design.
- Basic knowledge of JS frameworks (Vue2, React, Angular or similar).
- Ability to create RESTful WebServices, use GraphQL.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members.
- You are a lifelong learner. You are constantly teaching yourself new things and you love learning from others.
What do we offer:
- Flourish in a culture of trust and ownership.
- Speak English in an office with people off 30 nationalities.
- Work in an international company with offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Shenzhen.
- Experience Town Hall, a weekly gathering of Shopifolk (both in office and remote!) to share context, experiences, and updates with all of Shopify.
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits, and perks).
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses.
- Bountiful professional growth opportunities, such as training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.
- Delicious lunches provided daily, the best tech needed for you job, and relocation packages if required.
- Rewarding company wide events - team building day events, offsites, and summits.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Juste is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Please note that this posting will close on September 23rd, 2019 at 9am (EEST).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.