About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, our approach to providing benefits differs from many companies out there. We strive to provide flexible and inclusive benefits and perks that represent and encourage an employee's holistic self, while also having strong intent behind them. We like to be data informed, but not data driven, because we know there’s more to building thoughtful, intentional programs than just looking at what quantitative research tells us. As we grow globally, we want to incorporate a consistent approach across all of our programs while also aligning not only to Shopify’s culture, but the culture in the market we are operating within.
As an Americas Benefit Lead, you will be part of our Talent Ops team and will contribute by helping grow, execute and administer our programs. We are looking for a Benefits Lead with global experience who will contribute to the design, implementation and oversight of all benefit, retirement and perk programs in Canada, the US, Central and South America. This role will report to Shopify’s Global Benefits Lead, and will have both direct and indirect reports.
- Overseeing the design, implementation and administration of benefit, retirement and talent programs.
- Managing the annual renewal process to obtain the best plans, options and rates for Shopify, in conjunction with our brokers and consultants.
- Executing the employee benefits Open Enrolment processes.
- Interpreting, applying and maintaining knowledge of relevant and developing regulations, employment laws and other requirements and ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Managing our RRSP and 401K program, including overseeing the annual audit and non-discrimination testing
- Sourcing, monitoring, and evaluating benefit vendors
- Overseeing the administration of our benefit and perks, from enrolments to terminations
- Serving as the day-to-day contact for our external vendors, as well as within the Talent team for escalated benefit questions
- Consulting on leaves of absence
- Acting as a main point of contact for mergers and acquisitions
- Monitoring industry trends
Requirements for the role:
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a strong ability to multitask; you are very detail oriented and comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to think strategically and build for the long term, while also executing day-to-day tasks as needed
- A data informed perspective, and a mastery at crunching numbers to help inform great decisions for the whole Shopify family
- Eagerness to coach and develop benefits teammates
- Strong knowledge of all pertinent federal and state/provincial regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please address your cover letter to Captain Benefits.
This posting will close on November 30th, 2020 at 12:00pm, noon, EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.