About the role
Shopify merchants consistently report that marketing is one of their greatest challenges. Even if you sell a great product, it can be tough to find the customers most likely to buy. Taking the time to build and run marketing campaigns, learn best practices, and make your campaigns effective across numerous marketing channels is a lot to ask on top of running a business.
Shopify created the Marketing Technology group to lower the barrier for merchants to find customers, drive sales and have success. We are building the tools and technology to simplify marketing for all Shopify merchants. We’ve built a virtual employee to execute merchants’ daily marketing tasks, an AI-powered marketing recommendation engine, and a central workspace where merchants can create campaigns, track their performance, and learn what works best.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to work directly with marketing channels (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, and more) to form, negotiate, and optimize deals on behalf of our Marketing Technology group and the greater community of Shopify merchants. If you care about helping new businesses grow, love to follow the latest marketing trends, and enjoy making deals, you’re set. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries and build successful entrepreneurship around the world.
Requirements for the role:
- You have extensive experience executing partnerships in tech, retail, or commerce (remember we take into consideration potential so if you don't have the years behind you, tell us about the impact you've had instead)
- Experience working with marketing technology
- You have solid negotiating skills
- Experience working across product or engineering teams
- You have experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment (examples of this being applied are a bonus!)
- You are not just metrics driven, but metrics obsessed
Projects you could work on:
- Negotiating Rev share deals, and establishing commercial agreements, with the largest tech companies in the world
- Working closely with the Product Team to build alignment on roadmap and business strategy.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Tess Saville is looking forward to reading your application.