About the role
Shopify is Making Commerce Better for Everyone Everywhere and we need your help in Germany. We are searching for a Business Development Manager to join our growing team in Berlin with the aim of increasing Shopify's in-market presence by developing and executing a strategy to grow and foster our strategic partnerships in Germany. Shopify's partners play a vital role in enabling our merchants to be successful.
Shopify's brand is new here, so you will need to work closely with the in-country team to build awareness, improve product fit and drive merchant growth. This person will deliver value to Shopify through an understanding of ecommerce in Germany, drawing on their creativity to build relevant and highly effective partnerships while seeing ideas through to execution.
As of today, Shopify has over 800,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us Make Commerce Better for Everyone in Germany.
You'll be working on things like:
- Working with Shopify’s European Markets Lead to identify and manage partnership priorities in areas such as: Payments, Logistics, Sales Channels, Marketing and Distribution.
- Building and executing a Business Development strategy for Germany focused on both merchant acquisition and product-market-fit.
- Negotiating commercial agreements including: financial terms, product requirements, and go-to-market strategies across digital and offline channels.
- Setting targets, executing and reporting on various co-marketing campaigns, go-to-market strategies, and partner training initiatives.
- Coordinating with in-market team on Shopify’s holistic German strategy: Product Manager, Partner Managers and Integrated Marketers and communicate it convincingly to internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiating and participating in discussions across functional teams within Shopify including: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Growth, and Finance to execute on various opportunities and share failures / lessons learned as we constantly seek to improve.
- Participating at industry conferences and Shopify-owned event series.
- Serving as an evangelist for Germany team both inside Shopify and externally.
You'll need to have:
- A passion to grow Shopify and thrive as an industry leader.
- Strong understanding of the German e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agency).
- Experience in business development, partnerships management, or relationship management roles, with experience supporting market-entry either in tech, retail, or ecommerce capacity within the German market.
- Developed and led critical initiatives working alongside other functional teams: product, finance, legal, and marketing.
- Created value-oriented partnerships including go-to-market execution.
- Negotiated partnership agreements Track record of success in product launches and accelerating growth in Germany.
- Comfortable with analytics and making data informed decisions to track goal performance.
- Able to travel for work both in your home country and occasionally to Shopify’s main offices located in Canada.
- Fluent in English and German, both written and oral.
It'd be nice if you had:
- You have experience as an entrepreneur or have participated in the launch of a business.
- Technical skills and understanding for website development technologies.
- Experience working in a Software-as-a-Service business.
- Experience in developing and managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Capable of performing basic data analysis (writing basic SQL queries).
- Experience using any of the following tools: Zendesk, Salesforce or Hubspot, Github and Mode.
- Experience in event or sponsorship management.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. If you really want to stand out, sign up for a free trial of Shopify and build a store. Share the link with us so we can take a look!
|Technical Partner Manager - Germany||Business Development||Berlin, Germany|