About the role
Shopify internships are 4 and 8 month paid terms, and are open to students, co-ops, recent graduates and those early on in their marketing careers. The 4-month Fall Internship will run September 4th to December 21st 2018, and the 8-month Fall/Winter Internship will run September 4th, 2018 to April 26, 2019.
The application deadline for this posting is Tuesday July 17th @ 5:00 PM EST.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
As a Content Marketing Intern, your job is to create and promote compelling content for merchants, partners, designers, and developers, using and building on Shopify. This internship will run from 4 to 8 months (September 4th-December 21st, 2018, or September 4th, 2018-April 26th, 2019), and will be located exclusively in Ottawa. Please indicate your availability on your application, ensure you are available for those dates, and able to work in Ottawa before submitting your application.
As a Content Marketing Intern, you'll get to:
- Create blog posts
- Assist in the formation, creation, and launch of campaigns
- Utilize research and data to inform your decision making
- Monitor and report on current campaigns being implemented
You're the kind of person who has:
- Strong writing skills
- A proven passion for storytelling
- An understanding of the marketing field and its key foundations
- A history of using data and/or research to inform your pieces
It's a bonus if you have:
- A background in marketing, PR, or journalism
- A history of growing/building an audience
- A working knowledge of SEO, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics
- Experience using various marketing technologies
Before Hitting "Apply"
Help us learn more about you! Please complete ALL of the following tasks:
1. Attach a cover letter addressed to AJ Thompson.
2. Submit a writing sample! You can submit this on the application page.
3. Please complete at least one of the following, and choose the one that best aligns with your interests and experience!
a) Take a look at our Shopify Blog (https://www.shopify.ca/blog), and pick one article that interests you. Let us know what you liked/didn’t like about and within the article. How would you change the parts you didn’t like?
b) Pick a topic related to the e-commerce industry, and explain it in a way that anyone could understand. Pro tip: try to limit this to about one paragraph.
c) Pitch us a blog topic. Pick a topic related to the e-commerce industry and write an outline, with a title, section headers and bullets under each section that explains what you would tackle in that portion of the article.