About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like RedBull, GE, Boll and Branch, P&G, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
We are looking for that exceptional thought leader to lead and grow our Enablement Team. This team is responsible for equipping our customer facing talent (Sales, Solutions Engineering, Partnerships, Launch and Merchant Success) with the tools, training, systems, content and metrics to efficiently and consistently drive revenue, value and an exceptional customer experience. With your strong business acumen, ability to build relationships across our leadership team and aptitude to translate business goals into strategic priorities, you’ll build your vision for the enablement function at Shopify. This isn’t just an onboarding and training support function - this is a pivotal role, building a highly aligned and consultative team that is the cornerstone of our culture of being merchant obsessed.
The posting will be available until July 20th, 2018 until 12pm EST and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a dynamic and growing team enabling all customer facing roles in Plus
- Be an effective leader in the development and delivery of a complete enablement program including onboarding, competency frameworks, ongoing development & certifications, content, systems, tools and processes, metrics and KPIs, and hiring strategies
- Seek new and creative ways to level up all merchant facing teams, even if the mechanisms are new and non-traditional
- Facilitate with team members the crafting and execution of development paths and plans that bring real growth for the individuals and team as a whole
- Understand how the customer facing teams work and build strong relationships with existing leaders. Work across these teams to identify knowledge and understanding gaps, opportunities for employee development and general business improvements.
- Work with senior leaders to identify opportunities to drive efficiency and optimization in the team workflows and processes in the Customer Journey.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous leadership experience and a passion for building and scaling effective teams
- Strategic mindset with an ease for digging into the details when required
- Strong ability to foster cross-functional relationships across the business and manage projects across organizational structures
- Ability to understand and uncover what customer facing teams need to be successful in their roles (behaviour, skills, knowledge)
- Results driven, consistently operating with a strong bias for action on the right priorities
- Experienced in crafting appropriate metrics to measure effectiveness of programs
- Operational experience in customer facing commercial roles such as sales
- Excited by the evolution of commerce and Shopify Plus and its mission
- Demonstrable experience and passion for crafting exceptional learning experiences and enablement programs
- Internalize and live Shopify’s values: Be impactful, be merchant obsessed, make great decisions quickly, thrive on change, be a constant learner and build for the long term.
- Direct sales or customer success experience in a SaaS environment
- CRM deployment end to end in a fast paced high growth business
- Leadership of knowledge management practices in a complex tech environment
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Selina is looking forward to reading your application.
|Solutions Engineer - Shopify Plus||Sales and Account Management||Waterloo, Canada|