About the role
The Shopify Fulfillment Network needs an awesome demand planner. Our merchants want to get their products to their customers quickly and efficiently and our demand planner is the key to unlocking that. This is a job that combines planning, analysis and strategic vision to accurately forecast consumer behaviour across a wide variety of verticals and help manage inventory levels across our network. It’s a role where the right person will be obsessed with using a range of skills to build strong alliances with our merchants and fulfilment partners and play a key role in their success as well as building the future of commerce.
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
About the Shopify Fulfillment Network
The Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) is a dispersed network of fulfillment centers, powered by machine learning that predicts the closest fulfillment centers and optimal inventory quantities to ensure fast, low cost delivery. Here’s how we introduced SFN to the world in June. Keep reading for more details about what we’re looking for.
You'll be doing things like:
- Reviewing historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data and develop statistical forecast models
- Leading the forecasting for current and new merchants, taking into account seasonal planning, new product launches, new marketing initiatives and the identification and incorporation of market and category trends
- Working with cross-functional teams and providing insight into the root cause of forecast error, then developing and implementing solutions to drive continuous improvement and improve business decisions
- Reviewing and assessing the risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk
- Driving continuous improvement by analyzing current process and implementing new forecasting methodologies, tools and techniques to help improve forecast accuracy and create future efficiencies
It'd be great if you:
- Had APICS, IBF or another forecasting certification
- Had held roles where the focus was on Merchandise Planning, Demand Planning, or a related field
- Are above all, a problem solver who loves to find solutions for complex issues.
- Are a super-strong communicator, with an amazing level of empathy for the entrepreneurial journey.
- Thrive in ambiguity and want to be in on the ground floor of something big.
- Were technically savvy in MS Excel and demand and merchandise planning tools such as JDA, SAP, or TXT
This posting will close on Friday, November 29 at 1400 EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.