About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down!
The Financial Solutions team is responsible for all systems that move money between Shopify, our merchants and their buyers, and Shopify Partners. This includes payment processing, billing, capital advances, account balances and evaluating risk. Issues that involve money can seem complicated and even scary for our merchants. The goal of the entire team is to demystify this process, and make all our financial processes simpler and friendlier to use.
Shopify Payments allows our merchants to accept credit cards, cryptocurrency, and all sorts of payment types from day one through a fully-integrated payment gateway. We’re looking for a Development Manager to lead a team of engineers to build features and infrastructure for our payments platform. As an engineering leader, you will build and mentor developers to help them reach their potential and ship world-class products.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A strong technical foundation that is as good, or better, than our Senior Developers
- A background writing server-side web applications using technologies like (but not limited to) Ruby on Rails, Node.js, GraphQL, etc.
- A passion and proven track record of growing development teams and improving others
- A curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience building financial products and features is a plus
What you’ll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our merchants
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Friday, March 27th at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Apprentice Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior UX Developer, Online Experience||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering Manager, Production Foundations||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|