About the role
Shopify internships are 4 and 8 month paid terms, and are open to students, co-ops, recent graduates and those early on in their marketing careers. The 4-month Fall Internship will run September 4th to December 21st 2018, and the 8-month Fall/Winter Internship will run September 4th, 2018 to April 26, 2019.
The application deadline for this posting is Tuesday July 17th @ 5:00 PM EST.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
As a Digital Marketing Intern, your job is to craft & support effective digital marketing campaigns to help grow the Shopify Partners ecosystem. This internship will run from 4 to 8 months (September 4th-December 21st, 2018, or September 4th, 2018-April 26th, 2019), and will be located exclusively in Ottawa. Please indicate your availability on your application, ensure you are available for those dates, and able to work in Ottawa before submitting your application.
As a Digital Marketing Intern, you'll get to:
- Assist in the formation, creation and launch of campaigns
- Write effective & compelling copy for digital advertising & email
- Utilize research and data to inform your decision making
- Monitor, optimize, and report on ongoing campaigns
You're the kind of person who has:
- Strong writing skills
- A proven passion for marketing & advertising
- An understanding of the marketing field and its key foundations
- A history of using data and research to inform marketing decisions
It's a bonus if you have:
- A background in marketing, PR, or advertising
- A history of managing effective performance-based digital marketing campaigns
- A working knowledge of SEO, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads and Google Analytics
- Experience using various marketing technologies
Before Hitting "Apply"
Help us learn more about you! Please complete ALL of the following tasks:
1. Attach a cover letter addressed to AJ Thompson.
2. Submit a writing sample! You can submit this on the application page.
3. Take a look at our Shopify Partner Academy (www.shopify.com/partners/academy). Suggest 3 digital advertising executions you would use to promote the Shopify Partner Academy to prospective & existing partners, and provide 3 separate pieces of copy you would use for these executions.