About the role
We realize that this is a bit of an unusual title, but we wanted to try something a little different. Executive Assistant is too narrow in focus and too limiting in potential impact. We're looking for more than just administrative support.
As an Executive Expansion Pack, you’ll work alongside Michael Perry (Director of Product). This is a very unique role and it takes a special kind of talent to excel at it. The primary goals of the role are to maximize the productivity of the leader you work with, anticipate the needs before they arise, and extend their capacity.
To be successful in this role, this person will have to be hyper organized, be a master multi-tasker, and have a fine attention to detail. Shopify moves at an extremely fast pace and this person will need to be able to maintain, organize and juggle priorities in an often chaotic environment. The job will be challenging, but also rewarding.
Requirements for the role:
- Extraordinary attention to detail. If you don’t self-identify as hyper organized, this isn’t the role for you
- Great communication skills. You’ll work with many different stakeholders, senior leadership, and large teams internally and externally
- Track priorities and help maximize productivity
- Coordinate and support activities with highest professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
Relevant experience for the role:
- Top notch writing skills
- Previous experience working with an executive team
- Experience with event planning
- Manage financial reconciliation of corporate credit cards
Projects you could work on:
- Manage calendar and ensure everyone is briefed and prepared for discussions
- Initiate and complete special projects, research and support for activities Michael is involved in such as recruiting, strategic team building, and team wide communications
- Be a representative of Michael to the rest of the team, customers, press and other stakeholders when he is not available, representing his thoughts, wishes, vision and needs
- Act as gatekeeper to ensure time is spent on most critical activities, allowing for some downtime
- Manage travel arrangements, ensuring frugal execution of efficient logistics. Get ahead of travel pre-requisites like Visas, itinerary, check-ins, calendar
If you think you have what it takes to own this role, show us your stuff by creating your dream travel itinerary, every detail counts. Doesn’t have to be longer than 3 days, just show off your ability to plan! Be creative and have fun! Good luck!
Please submit your application and please address your cover letter to Tess Saville.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.