About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. The Shopify Plus team in Waterloo is focused on expanding our core Shopify ecommerce offering to include features that suit the needs of today’s fastest growing and largest volume retailers. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are highly complex, and the stakes are high. Tesla, Redbull, Budweiser, Ellen Degeneres, Kanye West, and Kylie Jenner are merchants that have seen the value that Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
We’re looking to add a Finance Manager to our team in Waterloo. This role will play an integral part in Shopify’s success by providing financial leadership to Shopify Plus, including financial reporting, planning, and forecasting, driving strategic analysis around key business initiatives, and providing decision support to product line senior management.
You will need to have:
- An MBA or a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or CFA)
- Extensive experience in a business-unit facing role requiring business casing, modelling, and P&L management is a must
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- A passion for problem solving and a proven track record of developing new processes and solutions from scratch
- Exceptional business partnering skills and the ability to communicate financial concepts easily and effectively to optimize business opportunities
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Expert proficiency in Excel and creating detailed financial and operational models
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous work environment and navigate through change
- Willingness to take ownership, get your hands dirty, and help out where needed
What your days might look like:
- Acting as a trusted advisor to product line senior management by understanding, analyzing, and explaining key business drivers and financial results, identifying areas of opportunity and risk, and helping to develop strategies to address them
- Building financial models to evaluate strategic initiatives, new product launches, and pricing strategies
- Developing KPIs and delivering actionable management reporting
- Preparing annual investment plans and ongoing financial forecasts
- Preparing monthly financial variance analysis and communicating performance
- Forward-thinking special projects
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button and submit your application by August 3rd. Rob is looking forward to receiving your applications.