About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
When buyers find something they love online, nothing takes the wind out of their sails like filling in a ton of fields at checkout. Frictionless commerce is an integral part of our strategy which is why we built Shopify Pay and support Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal. Shopify Pay is our own accelerated checkout product, it expanded rapidly since its launch two years ago. More than $4.4 billion of GMV has been processed through Shopify Pay since then, with more than 32 million buyers opting in. Shopify Pay is quickly becoming one of the best ways for buyers to checkout online, and more importantly, it is making checkouts faster for our merchants.
We’re looking for a data-oriented Growth Product Manager who is passionate about the payment industry. You will own the Shopify Pay product strategy and be responsible for growing it into one of the largest wallets in the Shopify ecosystem while working across dedicated engineering, UX and marketing teams. You will work externally with merchants to simplify and speed up checkout and give their customers the best buying experience in the world.
Requirements for the role:
- Hands-on experience driving development and growth initiatives at a leading or high growth technology company
- Knowledge of digital product funnels, user segmentation, A/B testing, and general frameworks for product growth
- Data-oriented approach to improve key metrics throughout the growth loop (from acquisition to retention) and to drive better customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including data-scientists, marketing managers and engineers to create hypotheses and make product decisions using actionable insights
- Comfortable working with large data sets using SQL, as well as reporting tools such as Mode
- Manage A/B tests to grow product adoption and increase engagement
- A strong sense of empathy with the customer and using data to inform product decisions
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and ability to thrive in chaos, and get shit done
- An approach that defaults to action and helps your team do the same
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have (not must haves!):
- A strong growth mindset and data-science background
- Understand the commerce, retail and payment technology landscapes
You'll get to do things like:
- Obsessively understand customer needs for online purchasing and deliver the world’s best product to match that
- Own the roadmap that will turn the vision into reality and oversee its execution
- Work collaboratively with UX and engineering teams on a day to day basis to drive results
- Collaboratively bring new ideas and ways of thinking to the team Challenge existing assumptions and think from first principles
- Work across multiple disciplines and stakeholders including design, engineering, marketing and customers
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time! We’re looking forward to reviewing your application.
Applications will close at noon EST on January, 31.