About the role
With 1 million+ merchants not everything will always run smoothly for everyone. That’s where Shopiy’s Incident Response Team comes in. The Incident Response Specialist team is made up of writers who utilize Shopify’s content style guide to communicate information regarding incidents at Shopify. As an Incident Response lead, you will work closely with Incident Response Specialists, facilitating their development and fostering a culture of growth and accountability.
At Shopify, we practice critical thinking over process. As a lead you will be responsible for gathering context, anticipating business needs and successfully implementing change, all while committing to your own ongoing personal growth.
We are looking for someone to work remotely (work from home) in British Columbia for the hours of 1-9pm PST.
Requirements for the role:
- You have experience leading and coaching teams to enhance current skills and develop new ones.
- You have experience successfully managing and implementing change within a team.
- You have proven success with performance management and are able to develop resilience and critical thinking.
- You thrive in ambiguous and autonomous environments. You hunt for resources, build relationships, ask questions and find information like a pro.
- You have great situational and organizational awareness. You can represent others' points of view accurately and communicate the same message in different contexts easily.
- You anticipate business needs. You have a proven track record of proactively identifying future needs and potential risks and are continuously innovating to have the most impact.
- Conducting regular 1:1s to coach, mentor and performance manage team members for maximum growth
- Unblocking obstacles the team is facing
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work produced by the team
- Acting as an ambassador of the Incident Response craft - clearly and intentionally communicating inside and across teams to maintain strong cohesive relationships
- Delegating tasks
- Responsible for operations tasks including: scheduling, on-boarding, support contingency planning
- Assists in headcount planning, budgeting and offsite planning
- Experience in escalations
- Experience as a writer or in a communications role
- Experience leading cross timezone teams
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Please to address your cover letter to Ashley and tell us why you think this is the right role for you! We're looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will close on Friday, November 15th at 2:00pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Customer Success Representative (Ontario) [Expression of Interest]||Customer Support||Ontario, Canada - Remote|
|Senior Customer Success Lead||Customer Support||Canada - Remote|
|Customer Success Representative (Alberta) [Expression of Interest]||Customer Support||Alberta, Canada - Remote|
|Customer Success Representative (British Columbia) [Expression of Interest]||Customer Support||British Columbia, Canada - Remote|