About the role
Commerce is changing at an incredible rate. It happens seamlessly between the online and offline worlds. Consumers now expect to be able to buy anywhere, receive products quickly, and return them effortlessly. The buyer experience is personalized, authentic, and on-demand. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the centre of it. We’re on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving performance, reliability, and resiliency. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile Data Scientists.
As our newest Lead Data Scientist, you will be a crucial part of this mission. We're looking for a Lead Data Scientist to own the Data and Algorithms strategy around our Search and Personalization data products on our App and Partner Platform. Working closely with an interdisciplinary team, you and your team will help to drive optimization in this area through the development of Search and Personalization techniques that are scaled across our 600,000+ merchants. Improving the adoption rates of different Shopify services by merchants will be one of many ways that your team can make an impact at Shopify.
You'll need to have:
- A strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- A strong background in either statistics, mathematics, science, or Computer Science.
- Successfully led a Machine Learning project with significant complexity, setting the algorithmic and engineering direction of the team.
- Worked on every part of the pipeline and do not shy away from deep technical challenges.
- The ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary team, working with, and inspiring product managers, UX researchers, designers, content strategists, and software engineers.
- Great communication skills and the ability to breakdown difficult concepts and explain this to non-technical users.
- Proven leadership skills through leading and growing a team of developing Engineers.
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages, with strong experience analyzing data using SQL.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience with distributed systems, search, ranking, recommendations, personalization, and/or information retrieval.
- Experience with e-commerce and/or SaaS business and large-scale machine learning.
- Published your innovations at related top-tier conferences.
|Developer Analytics Data Scientist||Data Science and Engineering||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Data Scientist- Retail Algorithms||Data Science and Engineering||Toronto, Canada|
|Lead Data Scientist - International||Data Science and Engineering||Toronto, Waterloo|
|Senior Data Scientist - App and Partner Platform||Data Science and Engineering||Toronto, Canada|