About the role
Over the next 10 years, the retail world will change at a fundamental level. Every store will need an e-commerce website. Merchants will expect to be able to do more - making it an incredibly exciting time for this industry - and Shopify is right at the center of it all.The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The product opportunity
Shopify’s Billing System and Financial Operations team build and maintain the software for billing merchants and paying Shopify Partners. The team’s responsibilities include financially critical operations such as invoicing for monthly subscription fees, computing taxes and paying application developers. As a key component of Shopify’s core platform, the system needs to be reliable and accurate, while still providing the flexibility for adding new features to allow the Shopify platform to collect revenue or grow Shopify’s business.
As the Product Manager Lead, you will own the roadmap and vision for core billing. You will refine and define systems that can scale and automate all of the processes in the financial pipeline, from user experience to financial data reconciliation and reporting. You will work heavily with Finance, but also with legal, data, support... and across multiple product lines and disciplines to gain a deep understanding of how our systems need to evolve to meet the growing and diverse needs of our merchants and partners.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong capable teams. Your peers in the Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love. Your work will impact and create value for over one million of our merchants in 175 countries.
Requirements for the role:
- Strong understanding and experience in the product management discipline
- Proven track record of delivering products to market that drives revenue for the company
- Experience with complex subscription billing systems
- You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting things done
- The ability to take a strategy and translate it to actionable tasks
- Strong team player, and facility to work across teams to ensure cohesion and alignment to a single product direction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead through influence
It would be nice if you also had:
- Some experience with legacy systems and data migration
- With a background in accounting or corporate finance, you’d be better prepared for the challenge and could take better decisions
- An entrepreneurial mindset. If you have experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product related to billing, finance or accounting, we'd love to hear about it!
Jonathan is looking forward to reading your application.
Closing date: March 2nd at 4PM (EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.