Experience and skills that are important for success in these role:
- Experience with service discovery and service communication
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams — strong technical mentorship is a must
- Deep experience building large scale, high throughput distributed systems and scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- The ability to write high quality code in a high level programming language (e.g. Go, Ruby, Java)
- Experience with Site Reliability engineering/ DevOps practices.
- Experience leading the architecture and automation of infrastructure within a cloud environment.
- Experience deploying and monitoring a production system at scale in a cloud native environment.
- A track record of being a self-starter and a team player keen on mentoring others and growing your own skill set within a fast paced environment.
- Experience working on a remote or distributed engineering team.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Building services and deploying them on top of Kubernetes and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Participating in an on call rotation and/or site reliability engineering (SRE) experience
We offer you:
- An opportunity to have massive impact. Our scale means you will have the opportunity to have an impact on commerce across the globe.
- A group of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers with which to collaborate.
- Growth and leadership. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects, contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Tasha is an actual real live person ( 👋🏼) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application. And remember, we want to know what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Shopify, so please give us as much detail on this as you'd like in the answers on the next page. 👍 📖
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.