About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 800,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
With Shopify’s rapid domestic and international growth and the need to support over 4,000+ employees participating in the Shopify equity program globally, we’re looking to add a Manager of Equity Administration, experienced in global equity programs, to help us support Shopify’s growth.
- Process equity-related transactions (options, RSUs) with a strong understanding of Legal, Tax, and Accounting implications
- Maintain the integrity of the Shareworks database and ensure accuracy and completeness of record-keeping
- Work with the Accounting, Payroll, and Business Systems teams
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide supporting records and documentation to internal and external auditors
- Ensure and maintain compliance with policies and internal controls
- Ensure compliance with domestic and international laws for income and tax withholdingsAutomate processes to optimize efficiencies
- Automate processes to optimize efficiencies
- Respond to and resolve inquiries from plan participants
- Develop expert level knowledge of the Shareworks platform and build custom reports as required, particularly in partnership with the Accounting team
- Comprehensive experience in stock plan administrationBachelor’s Degree, with some focus on HR and/or Accounting preferred
- CEP designation strongly desired
- Advanced skills in excel (pivot tables, spreadsheets, vlookup functions)
- Experience in working with and analyzing financial dataExperience with Shareworks equity administration platform a plus
- Excellent customer service and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse group of individuals including various levels of Management and employees
- Highly organized and committed to continually improving processes and driving efficiencies
- Ability to support peak periods during RSU vestings and new award approvals
- Strong commitment to accuracy and to ensuring full documentation for SOX purposes
- Commitment to preserving the confidentiality of personal information about Company employees
We know looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Clare is a real live person (👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application. Don’t forget to include a cover letter, we love a good story!
Please note that applications will close on November 4, 2019 at 5pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Legal Counsel - Shopify Plus (Toronto, Ottawa or Waterloo)||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|