About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 600,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
We’re looking to add an Manager of Global Equity to our fast growing team in Ottawa. This role will play an integral part in Shopify’s success by assisting in scaling our stock administration function as the Company grows globally.
You will need to have:
- Extensive senior-level experience in administration of global equity programs
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of equity compensation plans including stock options, restricted stock awards and units, performance awards, stock appreciation rights, director share units and employee stock purchase plans
- Experience with external reporting, including proxy and financial statements
- A passion for problem solving and a proven track record of developing new processes and solutions from scratch
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous work environment and navigate through change
- Willingness to take ownership, get your hands dirty, and help out where needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CEP designation or working towards designation a plus
You will be working on things like:
- Administering the company’s equity programs for employees globally.
- Working closely with the company’s transfer agent, outside broker service providers, and internal Legal, Payroll, Talent, Tax and other teams, as necessary.
- Supporting employees’ understanding of equity awards and Shopify’s programs and policies by providing a superior level of internal customer service.
- Partner with internal and external Legal and Tax partners to implement locally qualified stock plans and to complete domestic and international regulatory filings and reporting.
- Initiating system and process improvements where needed to scale and grow
- Perform complex mobility tax calculations.
- Ensuring and maintaining SOX 404 Compliance as it relates to equity.
- Working with internal and external teams to ensure successful audits.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Darryl is looking forward to reading your application before July 16th, 2018.
|Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Accounts Payable Specialist||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Finance Manager||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Financial Analyst - Shipping Services||Legal and Finance||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|