About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Nine West, MVMT, Nestle and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
As a Market Development Coordinator you will have the opportunity to grow the footprint of Shopify Plus by supporting the development of new markets, managing sales processes, and enabling the sales team and market development teams. In this role, you will be wearing many hats with a focus on partnerships, sales, and business development.
You’ll need to have:
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple stakeholders
- Experience turning ambiguous circumstances into purposeful organized conversations
- Communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Good reasoning skills and be able to analyze data and prepare reports reflecting findings and advise on strategic direction in relation to your role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a sales or business development environment
You’ll work on projects like
- Help to identify and prioritize the key markets Shopify Plus should pursue
- Assist market development managers with key markets and building a network of partnerships to test and validate that market
- Build a small sales funnel to vet out the industry and define solutions strategy for the sales team
- Salesforce Administration Tasks
- Provide sales enablement support and resources to the sales team to create new market opportunities
- Work collaboratively with teams internally to remove product and support roadblocks to support your market
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time.
This posting closes at Friday, September 27th, 2019 at 3pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.