About the role
Shopify Plus is an international brand with offices across North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and Australia, over 5000 customers, and growing everyday. As the Marketing Automation Lead, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning, execution, and scaling of our marketing automation programs globally. Reporting into the Head of Demand Generation, you will work collaboratively across demand generation, as well as field marketing, partnerships, product marketing, content marketing, business operation, enablement, and other cross-functional partners within Plus and Shopify.
As the Marketing Automation Lead, you are passionate about creating a seamless customer journey and skilled in the systems and processes required to bring that vision to life. Your focus will be to lead a multi-channel approach to Marketing Automation that will incorporate messaging to diverse audiences, driving customer activation, adoption and retention of the Shopify Plus platform.
You will define relevant segments as well as develop and execute targeted campaigns based on the objectives of our customer lifecycle programs for Acquisition and CRM. You will lead the expansion of Marketing Automation capabilities adding new features and functionality to our technology stack. You’ll be a leader in the organization expected to work cross-functionally with our other marketing teams in Shopify and Shopify Plus, our product leaders, UX and data teams.
- Experience with email marketing, SMS, sign-up forms and microsites
- Salesforce and Marketo power user
- Experience with various acronyms - ESPs, DMPs, CDPs
- Built Marketing Automation capabilities from the ground up
- Strong experience working with industry tools such as email service providers, marketing automation platforms, web analytics, with a proficiency in HTML, CSS and email design
- People leadership experience and desire to build and shape a team from the ground up
- Define, plan, and execute the multi-channel Marketing Automation strategy from the ground up
- Collaborate and coordinate across Plus Marketing team and cross-functional departments
- Identify and implement testing methodologies (i.e. A/B and multivariate testing) across the customer lifecycle from acquisition through to improvements in customer LTV
- Drive data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation across Marketing Automation touchpoints to monitor performance, surface insights, optimize results and make strategic decisions
- Maintain synchronization between Marketing Automation and CRM systems
- Work with CRM and Data Science teams to close the loop on the performance of our marketing efforts across the customer lifecycle
- Work with Product Marketing and Product Management on improving touchpoints with our customers within the product from a Plus perspective
- Establish a hub for audience segmentation to enable Acquisition and CRM programs
- Oversee the scheduling and deployment of campaigns to ensure that they hit the right people, with the right message, at the right time
- Collaborate with bizdev, sales and support teams to coordinate communications across various channels to in-person contacts
- Be a subject matter expert on industry best practices and implement new features and functionality, advanced user journeys, predictive intelligence and personalization
- Create innovative ways to drive growth and fuel our Acquisition efforts as well as deliver increased value to our existing customers in support of CRM programs
- Work with Product and Technology teams to test, experiment and create a new standard for Marketing Automation in the industry
- Build and lead a world-class team of marketers to go beyond email marketing
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time.
This posting closes at Friday, September 27th, 2019 at 3pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.