About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
We are looking for a Marketing Automation Specialist to join our Growth Marketing team, and help us build world class email marketing and marketing automation campaigns that enable teams at Shopify to effectively communicate with merchants and audiences around the world while optimizing and maintaining the experience and engagement of our audiences.
The ideal candidate has a track record of building and managing impactful, data-driven email marketing and automation programs that drive activation, adoption, and retention across the customer lifecycle.
- This is a technical role, you will be spend a significant portion of your time developing email templates, marketing landing pages, data workflows and email automations using HTML, CSS, template scripting, SQL and other languages/platforms for tasks associated with automated marketing campaigns
- Plan, build, and execute industry leading email marketing, marketing automation campaigns to Shopify owned audiences using our marketing technology tools
- Build, test, and maintain dynamic email templates, marketing landing pages, data workflows, email automations and other tasks associated with our automated marketing campaigns
- Interpret customer data to identify triggers and behaviours that indicate potential lifecycle changes
- Write queries to create segments that support marketing initiatives to drive our lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Work closely with our lifecycle, product marketing, brand and other teams to strategize, validate, and build one-off and complex automated email and cross-channel campaigns
- Analyze and report on past campaign performance, and identify areas for testing and improvement
- Be a center of excellence and subject matter expert on email design, build, compliance and strategic best practices and tactics.
- A passion for great email marketing and willingness to get hands on coding emails, building automations and customer journeys, setting up tests, and segmenting data
- Strong foundations in coding responsive emails and simple web pages from scratch using HTML, CSS and templating languages like AMPScript, Jinja, Handlebars, etc.
- Understanding of relational databases and comfortable writing queries in SQL to segment and analyze data to be used for campaigns and automations.
- Knowledge of email strategies and tactics as it relates to each stage of the customer lifecycle and able to effectively identify actionable messaging opportunities
- Strong understanding of email list management and message types, especially in relation to CASL, GDPR and other compliance requirements
- The ability to thrive in chaos, resolve ambiguity and think on your feet. You can drive good decisions collaboratively and quickly
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with data management platforms (DMP) and/or customer data platforms (CDP)
This posting will close on October 14th , at 9:00am EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community to learn more about Shopify by clicking here.