About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We are an international brand with offices across North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and Australia. We give over 5000 high-growth, high-volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need.
As the Marketing Manager in EMEA you will be responsible for planning and executing a broad range of activities in the UK and Europe. You will work collaboratively across demand generation, as well as partnerships, field marketing, product marketing and content marketing.
This role is great for a self-starter who loves to experiment and try new things. Are you happy to roll up your sleeves? Does international growth excite you? Do you enjoy working collaboratively across multiple teams? This could be your perfect role.
- Rich integrated, B2B marketing experience
- Ability to lead and execute in a rapidly changing business environment and situation and effectively negotiating to gain resolution
- Ability to assess and implement successful and focused marketing plans by leading and guiding local marketing team
- Ability to create marketing forecasts and manage budgets
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas
- Experienced in Salesforce CRM, Marketo, and other marketing platforms
- Abilities in being able to build, develop, and manage a diverse marketing portfolio (offline, demand generation, operations, content, etc)
- Experience executing field marketing activations in UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe
- Experience working with diverse sales teams, building strong rapport and partnerships
- Demand generation / performance marketing experience; you’re an expert in leveraging CRM data to inform and influence decision making in collaboration with business partners
- Experience leading integrated marketing teams and can scale operations alongside HQ and local teams
- Experience managing teams remotely and have worked with HQ as a subsidiary
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners including marketing, sales, and merchants to stay informed on Plus relevance in-market
- Represent the Shopify Plus brand publicly and internally as the local marketing lead
- Evaluate regional merchant research, market conditions and competitor data to inform decisions
- Manage a diverse portfolio consisting of multiple regions and marketing functions
- Understanding of market positioning and how to work within brand guardrails while catering to local markets
- Scale demand generation and marketing teams in a rapidly growing business
- Leverage data to inform and influence decision making in collaboration with business partners
- Manage the local marketing team to own the acquisition marketing strategy by partnering with the appropriate cross-functional partners including growth, data, UX, and more
- Planning and budgetary control of all local marketing
- Fluent in English and German to support marketing activities throughout EMEA markets
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time.
This posting closes at Friday, September 27th, 2019 at 3pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.