About the role
As Merchant Education Lead for Shopify Plus you will take our customer education and online training Academy to the next level. You will lead the development and execution of our education strategy to provide our Plus merchants with the tools to do their job. Working in partnership with teams such as Merchant Success, Product Marketing, Technical Services and Demand Generation you will deliver exclusive merchant training and content that drives product adoption and growth for our merchants. In this role, you will lead and coach a team of content specialists to build a great experience for our customers by delivering educational content at various stages of their journey with Shopify Plus.
- Previous experience in developing online learning, training or enablement programs
- Previous leader of high performance training or enablement teams
- Experience using Learning Management Systems and creating online instructional content
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral, and presentation). We are looking for a lead who can guide the team to write and produce engaging, learner led content and lessons
- Creative leader who has worked to develop written and video content for customer education purposes
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Built an online learning program, or Academy for a SaaS company
- Experience and understanding of ecommerce and business, including logistics, marketing, or technology
- Coach and develop a team of educational content specialists
- Promote a culture of creativity and passion for providing exceptional customer experience
- Lead the development, execution and ongoing management of a training and education strategy that enables our customers to grow and adapt quickly and realize value from Shopify Plus
- Work with the team to develop written and video content that will be delivered in various mediums and platforms - email, LMS, and more
- Define and drive metrics for merchant education
- Work with advocates and learners to continuously improve our education program
- Work closely with internal teams (Merchant Success, Product Marketing, Demand Generation and others) to align on priorities, collaborate on training and education initiatives, and communicate the long-term plan and ongoing progress
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sally is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on December 1 at 12pm EST (UTC-4).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Product Marketing Manager, Developer Products (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Marketing Automation Specialist||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Government Relations Lead, US||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Content Marketing Manager||Marketing and Communications||Americas|