About the role
Shopify Plus makes enterprise commerce simple. We give high-growth, high-volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus helps power commerce for companies like Koala, JB Hi-Fi, Unilever, L’Occitane, Patagonia, Bailey Nelson, AllBirds, Kanye West and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard to make that happen. We are growing and the landscape is changing every day; this is where you come in. Our Merchant Success team act as strategic advisors for all our Shopify Plus merchants.
As a Merchant Success Team Lead, it will be essential that you are passionate about the success of our merchants and you will need to understand and communicate the value and mission of Merchant Success and work with fellow leads in growing and scaling the team. You will be directly responsible for a team of 6-10 Merchant Success Managers who work as partners to our merchants. You will own your team’s development, growth, and performance and will need to have a solid understanding of how to manage and direct a team’s day-to-day, as well as facilitate and fuel your team's growth.
- Lead a high impact customer facing team to drive deep engagement, value, and service
- Motivate the team to renew and retain merchants, meeting or exceeding targets
- Engage in regular business reviews to promote adoption and increase growth across the Plus platform features
- Drive rapid resolution for issues/escalations and maintain high CSAT and NPS scores
- Support the development of strategic merchant partnerships and build a loyal base that actively advocates for Shopify Plus
- Serve as cross-functional leader across Shopify Plus – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience
- Recruit Merchant Success Managers and other team members in an effective, scalable and timely manner to ensure that we are resourced in full to drive these goals
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to live up to the mission and values of Shopify as well as enable them to excel at their jobsIdentify areas of improvement and make recommendations based on data, analytics and best practices
Requirements for the role:
- At least 2-5 years proven experience in leading teams
- Experience leading a team in a high growth and high rate of change environment
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with wide range of personalities, levels, and role capacities
- Strong organizational, operational and project management skills
- Experience managing clients in both ANZ and the broader APAC region
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software
- Adept at navigating large complex organizations, matrixed decision-making, working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and across global time zones
- Proven ability to analyze complex situations and develop action plans to lead a cross functional team to the key objectives
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record and experience working cross-functionally between sales and support teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
It would be great if you also had experience:
- Leading a customer-facing team
- Working remotely and managing a remote team
- Managing clients in both ANZ and the broader APAC region
- Working within the e-commerce industry
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. You will receive a response to your application within 2-3 weeks of your submission.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.