About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like RedBull, GE, Boll and Branch, P&G, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Your role as a Merchant Success Manager is to help high-growth, high-volume merchants be successful. You’ll do this through developing strong relationships with your merchants, and helping them with long-term solutions to their biggest roadblocks. Ultimately, you’re here to understand their goals, and advise them on the best way to achieve those goals. You’ll provide merchants with guidance on best eCommerce practices, knowledge of industry trends, API support, ERP integration assistance, advice on social commerce strategies, insight into analytics and SEO, conduct site audits, and much more. You’re their partner in commerce, and will truly help them grow their business.
Requirements for the role:
- Customer success, client management, or relevant industry experience. You should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- A passion for commerce. Maybe you’ve built a store for a friend, or run your own business.
- A desire to learn the Shopify platform. You’ll need to know Shopify inside and out.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders. Relationship management is your secret weapon.
- Understanding of ecommerce best practices. You'll be their main point of contact for all big-picture support.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together.
It would be great if you also had experience with:
- Running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Digital marketing, Google Adwords, Facebook ads, and conversion marketing techniques
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating strong relationships with our merchants
- Recommending ways to best utilize the Shopify platform
- Matching merchants with top Shopify Partners to assist with custom design and development projects
- Identifying areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features
- Triaging technical issues to Shopify’s escalated Support teams
- Working with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests
- Demonstrating an in depth understanding of industry trends
- Elevating the overall merchant experience
We are currently looking for individuals in the EST timezone only.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sarah is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on November 27, 2020 at 12pm EST.