About the role
About the role
The App and Partner team helps merchants meet 100% of their individual needs through apps and services. We directly impact Shopify by solving diverse, individual merchant problems at scale through apps and services created by the third party partner ecosystem. The endless diversity of our merchants means that each of them requires niche features in commerce that don’t necessarily align with Shopify’s priorities. To counter this, our strategy to make sure merchants have everything they need is to leverage the third party partner ecosystem to build features that we haven’t. They deliver these features in the form of apps and services, and our goal is to enable these apps to work seamlessly in the merchant’s workflow in Shopify. The Apps team works with third-party developers who are looking to build the next great commerce app on Shopify.
The Operations team is a key part of our organization, linking together multiple functional groups both strategically and operationally. We work with teams such as Finance, Legal, Marketing, Support, Business Development, Product etc. Using a combination of strong business acumen and data analytics, you will work with teams and leaders across the company to drive strategic projects to support our aggressive growth, and improve customer satisfaction with our Partner Ecosystem. Specifically, you will be working with our marketplaces (App Store & Service Marketplace) to define and measure key metrics, promote new analytical techniques, question assumptions, and be the storyteller behind the numbers.
You will be:
- Working with cross-functional teams to analyze opportunities, synthesize findings, develop action plans and drive the execution of initiatives
- Helping drive reporting implementation to increase process visibility and tracking
- Building growth models to predict hiring needs
- Understanding the operational and data needs of the teams with whom you will be closely working – creating dashboards and scorecards to assist with the operational and strategic success of those teams
- Getting dirty in the numbers; discovering interesting and compelling stories based on large complex data sets (often from different sources)
- Providing analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects
- Playing an important role as the bridge between business stakeholders and the data team to create dashboards and data visualizations
A few things we'd like you to have:
- Bachelors in business-related or quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering, or similar discipline)
- Experience in operations, finance, strategy consulting or another analytical role
- Professional experience using SQL and spreadsheets
- Ability to work with cross functional teams (product, engineering, ux, marketing, data, finance, support)
- Strong communication and presentation skills to concisely convey complex information to stakeholders and leaders
- Love of continuous improvement and efficiency
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at a time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience in communicating insights through data to senior leaders
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Tuesday.
This posting will close on July 16th.
|Operations Specialist - Shipping Services||Business Operations||Ottawa, Canada|