About the role
As the Operations Specialist, you will work within our Performance Marketing Partnerships team to help us build a healthy, high-ROI affiliate program to support our goal of increasing awareness for Shopify and driving merchant growth through relationships with high-value affiliates and marketing partners. You'll have the opportunity to design, create, and execute integrated governance processes and products at the partner and program level with the overall objective of supporting healthy customer acquisition.
- Monitor affiliates for compliance of program terms, including affiliate fraud, PPC, and content violations and manage remediation processes
- Manage governance workstream with a team of contractors who assist with compliance oversight and provide quality assurance checks
- Serve as the main point of escalation for affiliate support tickets originating from Zendesk, including affiliate applications, ensuring data accuracy and monthly reconciliation with finance
- Assess program compliance risk and provide recommendations for improvement
- Support overall channel operations, including the maintenance/enhancements to Impact Radius and Salesforce in order to better support Affiliate Partner Managers and overall channel operational efficiency
- Monitor channel and program performance ensuring all activity is tracking towards merchant acquisition and cost/customer targets.
- Collaborate with Affiliate Partner Managers and data science teams to create and implement solutions and frameworks to ensure accurate and impactful measurement, reporting, and insights
- Manage affiliate approvals into the Education Partner Program
- Strong analytical skills; must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting data from third-party platforms (i.e. Impact Radius) and adapt to custom internal reporting tools
- Experience with Impact Radius is a plus
- A strong analytics and growth mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and partnership acumen.
- Experience working with growth teams like paid channels, lifecycle marketing, developers, engineers, designers, and data scientists.
- A background in digital marketing including performance marketing, influencer and affiliate marketing, and customer acquisition marketing.
- Experience developing performance reports using analytics tools like Mode.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas.
The posting will close on the 6th of December.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.