About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 600,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for a Operations/Business Analyst to join the team that is helping to guide Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform strategy. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved shipping for our merchants - with your help, they will be able to move even more quickly, extending what has already been built and transforming shipping at Shopify.
The Operations team sits in the centre of Shipping Services, linking together all the different functional groups both strategically and operationally. Using a combination of strong business acumen and analytical skills, you will act as one of the primary sources of context for the shipping team to drive strategic projects, support our aggressive growth, and improve customer satisfaction and adoption in new markets.
You’ll build a reputation as the go to person for context on our KPIs and the story behind the numbers. As we navigate new markets, product tweaks and launches, you’ll be responsible for identifying metrics to gauge the impact of these events on the product line’s broader strategy.
Here’s some of the things you’ll be doing;
- Modelling business cases in order to support prioritization and road mapping; from growth sprints and initiatives to new products, features, and markets.
- You’ll be involved at a project level to help define and measure KPI’s, and we’ll look to you to report on the results and health of various projects.
- Working with our commercial team to support negotiations with partners both through analysis of alternatives through shipping rate comparisons as well as comparison of impact to Shopify and our merchants
- Working with carriers (Fedex, UPS etc) to establish long term business processes, identifying risks and opportunities within these relationships
- Owning shipping rate cards through involvement in pricing strategy and promotion discussions; using that information to build out and maintain shipping rate-cards and QA our live rates and rate documentation
- Communicating cross functionally (marketing, finance, legal, business development and others) to drive growth and business success. You’ll be the QBR champion and you’ll coordinate the monthly product line update that is seen at the senior management level
- Driving projects to continuously improve the operational efficiency and success of the teams whom you support
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstrated experience in a business or financial analyst role; interpreting data sets, preparing quantitative analyses, presenting recommendations
- Strong business acumen and some project management experience
- Exposure to global operations
- Strong analytical skills in Excel or equivalent
It’d also be awesome if you had the following;
- 3+ years of experience
- Previous work in SaaS
- Experience with Tableau, Mode, or similar data visualization tools
- Shipping, supply chain, 3PL or similar experience
- Pricing strategy experience
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Mr. T and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
|Business Systems Developer||Business Operations||Ottawa, Canada|