About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 1 million stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
We are looking to add a Payroll Manager who is currently located in an Eastern Time (EST/EDT) location to our finance team. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we need an experienced supervisor to help lead the charge and support our ever-growing payroll needs.
There are a few things you will need that will help you hit the ground running in this role.
- Management or supervisory experience - you’ve led a payroll team or supervised their work
- Strong knowledge of payroll legislation and processes
- Solid experience supporting international payroll - we truly are a global company, so this is a definite asset
- Experience using Workday and NetSuite or similar systems
- Experience with third party payroll providers
- Experience responding to employee inquiries
- Experience working with cross functional teams (i.e. benefits, HR) to create process efficiencies
- Proven experience using Excel at an advanced level (you love Excel!)
- A passion for problem solving, and an eye for the details
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
Projects you could work on
- Managing and supporting a high performing team International payroll implementations
- Supporting domestic and international payroll audits
- Shadow payrolls for International Assignments and Business Travellers
- Month-end close and reconciliation
- Continuous systems improvement
- Keeping yourself current with new legislation and developments in payroll
- Entering vendor bills and related benefit expenses into accounting software
We know that applying for a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application. Please address your cover letter to Julie.
This posting will close on November 30th, 2020 at 4 PM EST
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.