About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. This requires fast and effective deployment of flexible physical security technology in all of our new and existing offices.
We are looking for someone to lead our security technology team as they build and maintain physical security systems to enhance our ability to prevent, detect and respond to security threats and incidents. You will focus on ensuring our physical security systems are the best they can be, positively impacting the experience of all Shopifolk. The team you will be part of is responsible for the upkeep, expansion and support of our physical security systems including access control, video surveillance, intrusion and intercom equipment.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- A proven track record of success in leading a team — strong technical mentorship is a must
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for mentorship, professional development, development of teams and improving others
- Extensive experience implementing physical security technology systems including access control, video surveillance, intrusion and intercom equipment
- Experience managing and prioritizing many large physical security technology projects
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment with limited instruction
- Strong communication skills and relentless attention to detail
- An analytical mind that can solve complex issues while remaining data-informed
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically 25% of the time
- Ability to be on-call as a part of a security on-call rotation
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
Experience you have:
- Depth of experience in a security role which should include some combination of management of physical security technology team, project management, providing physical security systems and support in a large scale environment
- Advanced experience with Windows and Linux based Server and Computer systems
- Advanced experience with server and computer administration
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and architecture
- Experience with Tyco Security Products, including Kantech, Exacqvision, and DSC NEOCPP/PSP or other relevant security certifications
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If you're interested in this role, please apply and include a cover letter addressed to Julia.
Closing date: September 30th at 12pm EDT.