About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are complex and impactful. Ecobee, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, Budweiser, and Leesa are all merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
The Product Opportunity
Shopify Plus is looking for a Product Director to join our team in Waterloo. You will be growing and leading a team of product managers building the future of Shopify Flow. This team will be responsible for how our largest merchants automate, customize, and integrate their workflows with 3rd party systems. Our merchants are growing at incredible speed and need the ability to adapt their workflows at scale so they can move at the pace of their ideas. With your help Shopify will drive the future, enabling our merchants to be more successful.
As we scale, we need both craft and people leadership. As a Director, you are expected to not only develop your team but also further the craft of product management at Shopify. Building a trusting relationship through craft and execution has been a huge success here at Shopify, and we would love to find new people that fit that model of leadership.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's product management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy
- Identifying customer problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers
- Collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers. You get to be a team player, coach, and referee, all-in-one
- Defining measurable success metrics, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures
- Growing and nurturing a team of other talented Product Managers
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
You’ll need to have:
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- Experience managing products from inception to launch
- A strong growth mindset
- Previous ownership building solutions to customer problems that operate at enormous scale
- Experience growing and managing product managers
Bonus Points for:
- Past experience founding or running your own company
- Building solutions to customer problems that operate at enormous scale
- Experience with any of the following fields: commerce, automation, workflow management products
Please note this posting will close on September 30th at 5pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.