About the role
Shopify Plus is looking for a Product Director to grow and lead a team of product managers tasked with building the future products that help our merchants automate their business processes and customize their business logic. This team is responsible for how our largest merchants automate, customize, and integrate their workflows with 3rd party systems. Check out what we’ve been working on here: Shopify eCommerce Automation
Our merchants - like Ecobee, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, Budweiser, and Leesa - are growing at incredible speeds. They need the ability to adapt their workflows at scale so they can move at the pace of their ideas. With your help, Shopify will drive the future, enabling our merchants to be more successful.
As we scale, we need both technical craft and people leadership. As a Director, you are expected to not only develop your team but also further the craft of product management at Shopify. We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's product management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy.
- Identifying customer problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers.
- Collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers. You get to be a team player, coach, and referee, all-in-one.
- Defining measurable success metrics, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
- Growing and nurturing a team of other talented Product Managers.
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
What do you bring to the table?
- Experience in a Product Director role for a high growth, high scale company. You've hired, grown, and managed a team of product managers, and product leads.
- But you're not just a people manager. We're building a product from the ground up so we need a Director who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and being a product manager themselves from time to time.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- A technical background. Part of this product is built for developers, so while you don’t need to have been a developer yourself, you should be able to facilitate technical product discussions and provide feedback on the technical and architectural design.
- Manage the expectations of internal and external customers by effectively prioritizing, and communicating, your product requirements and vision.
- A successful track record of shipping products.
- Built solutions that operate at enormous scale.
Please note this posting will remain open until Friday May 1st at 5pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Lead, Shopify Plus||Product Management||Waterloo, Canada|