About the role
What will you do?
- We need both product craft and people leadership. You are expected to not only develop your team, but also further the craft of product management at Shopify. Taking a player-coach role, you’ll support your team, hire and grow, and get your hands dirty in the craft of product management.
- We'll need you to identify new problems and opportunities, and work across the company to create scalable solutions.
- You'll lean on your leadership and collaboration skills as you work closely with engineering, data, and UX teams to create compelling technical patterns, design systems, and shared features.
- You'll define and guide long term product strategy, identify merchant problems and turn those insights into products that delight merchants and their buyers.
- You'll define success metrics for your product area, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
- You'll drive ‘build, partner, or acquire’ decisions for your product area.
- You'll motivate and influence key stakeholders, drive buy-in for your ideas, and tell exceptional stories around why and what we should build.
What do you bring?
- A proven history of success in product management roles: You’ve either grown through the ranks from Product Manager to Product Lead and people manager; or found product management early enough in your career to have both shipped products, and led teams to ship products.
- People management experience: You’ve been responsible for performance management, have navigated tough conversations with direct reports, and you feel comfortable supporting Product Managers to achieve their career goals.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- Experience owning and driving the building and shipping of complex, SaaS products at scale.
- A love of storytelling.
- A genuine excitement for solving merchant problems and a strong sense of empathy for the merchant and their buyers.
Nice to have:
- Experience providing feedback and inputs in technical and architectural design.
- The ability to distill technical concepts to business users and vice versa.
- Previous experience as a software developer or hands-on knowledge of how to code.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is Digital by Default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
As there are multiple positions, this posting will remain live until all positions have been filled.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Technical Product Manager (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Shopify Markets (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Commerce Algorithms (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|