About the role
Shopify merchants consistently report that marketing is one of their greatest challenges. Even if you sell a great product, it can be tough to find the customers most likely to buy. Taking the time to build and run marketing campaigns, learn best practices, and make your campaigns effective across numerous marketing channels is a lot to ask on top of running a business.
Shopify created the Marketing Technology group to lower the barrier for merchants to find customers, drive sales and have success. We are building the tools and technology to simplify marketing for all Shopify merchants. We’ve built a virtual employee to execute merchants’ daily marketing tasks, an AI-powered marketing recommendation engine, and a central workspace where merchants can create campaigns, track their performance, and learn what works best.
We are now launching an iOS app called Shopify Ping, that allows merchants to work with Kit - Shopify’s virtual assistant - and to centralize their conversations with customers, in a native environment with a rich UI and deep functionality. We are building Shopify Ping to enable merchants to focus on the the part of their business that matters most: connecting with customers in 1:1 conversations, at scale. We’re looking for a Product Manager to work as part of a cross-functional team to build out our innovative conversational workspace for Shopify’s 600,000+ merchants. We've redefined commerce, now we’re creating a new standard for conversational commerce.
You'll need to have:
- A few years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- Passion for creating top-notch user experiences
- A genuine excitement about working with small businesses and building tools for entrepreneurs around the world
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- An ability to be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Great communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
It’d be great if you’ve previously:
- Have worked with a CRM or messaging product
- Worked with a team of developers and designers to build features and solve problems (bonus points if this includes mobile app development)
- A user-first mindset
- Experience with working on or developing API platforms
- Exercised data-informed decision making and experience optimizing funnels
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Tess, Tess will begin reviewing applications on June 26th.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.