About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
Over the next 10 years, the retail world will change at a fundamental level. Every store will need an e-commerce website. Customers will expect flexible options of where and how to buy: in-store or online, delivered or for pick-up. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the centre of it.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The product opportunity
The Insight’s team mission is simple ‘Make our Merchants Smarter'. We care deeply about being able to guide our merchants to make business decisions using powerful data driven analytics and over time automate those actions for them. Our vision is to make Insights our merchants trusted business companion; one they rely on to help them not only understand the health of their business but a platform they count on to optimise their business and help them achieve their entrepreneurship goals.
As a Product Manager for the Insights team, you will be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and delivery of the analytics around the domains of Finance and Inventory. You will work together with a talented cross-discipline team made up of designers, researchers, developers and data scientists to help define, build and measure the success of our products across web and mobile. Additionally, the role of the Finance/ Inventory PM is part of a larger team of peer PMs and will collaborate and contribute to the larger Shopify Insights strategy.
You'll be joining a team of talented, driven and highly collaborative people. Your colleagues on the product team will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting shit done. Come join a team that is on a mission to make our merchants smarter by delivering pervasive insights at the point of impact making Shopify the leader in delivery of analytics in the retail industry.
What will I be doing?
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy for the Insights product offering specifically in the domain of Financial and Inventory analytics
- Working with our internal teams and our merchants to understand what types of challenges they have around Finance and Inventory and what type of information/ insights are needed
- Working with the other product managers on the team to ensure there is cohesion between the deliverables
- Collaborating with UX, engineering and data teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high quality products
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Working with teams on small, fast iterative projects to execute that strategy - driving the vision and cadence of execution
- Defining and running data driven experiments
- Living and breathing segmentation. We have a lot of merchants and they aren’t all the same
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
What experience do I need?
- Significant experience building and delivering analytic applications in the domains of Finance or Inventory
- Strong understanding of the product management discipline and been working as a product manager
- Proven track record of delivering product to market that is successful and drives revenue for the company
- SaaS and Big Data experience
- Capability to make good decisions quickly that helps your teams do the same
- The ability to take a strategy and translate it to actionable tasks
- You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting shit done
- Strong team player and ability to work across teams to ensure cohesion and alignment to a single product direction
- Great communication skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- An entrepreneurial mindset. If you have experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product, we'd love to hear about it!
- A strong growth mindset
- Empathy for the merchant and a genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Alexa is looking forward to reading your application.
|Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Product, Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager for Capital||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|