About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
We care deeply about our merchants’ ability to fulfil orders quickly and build trust with their customers. The fulfillment team’s mission is to offer merchants the best ways to ship the right orders quickly and efficiently. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and evolving quickly. This team has already vastly improved this space for our merchants. With your help building platform products that other teams, merchants, and partners will extend, our merchants will be able to move even faster.
As a Product Manager for the Fulfillment team, you will be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and plan differentiation that enables the best fulfillment workflows for our merchants, their customers and our partners.
You will work together with a talented cross-discipline team made up of designers, researchers, developers and data scientists to help define, build and measure the success of our products across web and mobile. Additionally, the role of the Fulfillment PM is part of a larger team of peer PMs who collaborate and contribute to the larger Shopify Logistics strategy.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your product management peers have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining, guiding and executing the product strategy for the Fulfillment team
- Identifying customer and partner problems and turning those insights into products that delight partners, merchants and their customers
- Collaborating with UX and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high quality products
- Defining clear success metrics and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and across multiple parts of Shopify
You’ll need to have:
- Experience supporting the creation and development of successful tech or commerce products
- A growth mindset and entrepreneurial mindset. Thriving in chaos, and getting shit done.
- Empathy for the merchant and a genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- Capability to make good decisions quickly that help your team do the same
- The ability to take a strategy and translate it to actionable tasks
- Exceptional communication skills. You can get people excited about any complex problem.
- Be passionate about commerce, shipping, fulfillment, and delivery.
It would be excellent if you had:
- Past experience working in or collaborating deeply with UX and design
- Experience working on platform or API products
- Experience with any of the following fields: Shipping, Fulfillment or commerce
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time! Daria is looking forward to reviewing your application.
|Product Manager - Finance & Inventory||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Lead, Mobile||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Product, Foundations||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Lead, Core Growth||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Product, Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager for Capital||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|