About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Budweiser, and Harley-Davidson are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Shopify Plus is looking for experienced Product Managers to join the Shopify Plus team in Waterloo.
As a Product Manager on this team, you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with Dev & UX teams to deliver impactful products that move the needle
- Dive deep to understand our merchants and their problems, and champion those problems across Shopify
- Work with the team to craft and share a vision for how we can best solve these problems, as ultimately measured by the end success of our users
- Motivate your team and everyone around you through great storytelling and communication
- Be strategic and tactical -- you’ll help define the product strategy strategy, but also roll up your sleeves and get it shipped
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Several years of experience as a strategic product manager for software products
- A successful track record of identifying and understanding customer needs in new or ambiguous problem spaces
- Empathy for the user, built up by previous experience interacting directly with customers
- A strong drive to use data to make decisions, set success metrics, and share results
- Past experience collaborating on product teams with designers and developers
- An entrepreneurial spirit -- perhaps you’ve taken a key product role at a start-up, or even started your own company
- Bonus points on one of our teams for a technical background! Perhaps you started in development or production engineering before moving to Product Management.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Please note, we are currently taking a break for the holidays so we'll be responding to applications starting the week of January 14th. Happy New Year!
|Director of Product - Shopify Plus||Product Management||Waterloo, Canada|