About the role
Our Workspace Operations team is responsible for the creation and day-to-day support of our hub and at home experiences worldwide. In order to make this all happen we have five subteams: Real Estate, Internal Solutions, Technical Infrastructure, Culinary, and Project Operations. Project Operations is the group responsible for making it easier to run successful projects across the entire department. This is where you come in! We’re looking for an experienced individual to take on the leadership of this group for the duration of a maternity leave contract.
Here are some examples of what you would be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Project Managers and Project Operations Analysts
- Being a thought leader in the area of project management, acquisition integration and strategy for the Workspace Operations department
- Providing guidance on high level project prioritization across the department
- Directly managing some strategic projects (i.e. leading the Strategic Planning Group for the Future of Physical Space)
- Providing weekly updates to Workspace Operations leadership about the state of our projects
- Developing and helping the team develop initiatives that will make it easier to run successful projects on Workspace Operations
- The roll out of a department wide project management and tracking system
You’ll need to:
- Have experience as a senior people lead
- Show strong evidence of influencing othersHave experience pitching to senior leaders (i.e. an executive team)
- Have a strong project management background: experience managing projects directly and experience leading others as they manage their own projects
- Be a relationship builder
- Be a proven creative thinker who welcomes out of the box ideas
It would be great if you:
- Have experience with acquisition integrations
- Have experience with internal project management and knowledge management tools
- Have preexisting knowledge in some of the department’s program areas (Real Estate, Culinary, Travel + Events, Onboarding Logistics, Swag, AV, Physical Security, etc)
- Have experience working closely with internal teams such as HR, Finance and Legal
This posting will close November 30th at 5PM EST. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please address your cover letter to Courtney.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Security Operations Specialist - Maternity Leave||Internal Operations||Americas|
|Infrastructure Engineer||Internal Operations||Americas|
|Executive Protection Lead||Internal Operations||Americas|
|Global Health and Safety Program Manager||Internal Operations||Americas|