About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
Our Berlin team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer excited to build, grow and scale products with us. We need the help of a dedicated, curious and versatile Engineer with a passion for performance, and simplicity. Does this sound like you?
As a part of our QA team, you'll not only work on improving the company’s products, but also on increasing the calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual ownership and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of QA Engineers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
You'll be working on things such as:
- Perform test scoping, estimation, preparation and execution for application enhancements and bug fixes
- Analyze requirements documentation and provide feedback with detailed test estimations
- Define and implement tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA team
- Liaise with product managers, UX designers and developers to understand the systems and produce effective execution plans
- Keep a detailed eye on the feature development process
- Maintain, author new and update existing automated E2E tests using the TestCafe framework
- Conduct team demos and learning sessions to ensure fluid collaboration and knowledge sharing within the QA and wider development squads
A few things we want you to have
- Strong software quality assurance experience
- Solid experience with manual and automated testing tools
- Experience with Jira or bug tracking systems
- Strong testing background in Web GUI
- Experience with API tools such as POSTMAN, SOAPUI and JMeter
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with working in a cross-discipline environment to produce effective execution plans
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Test tool such as TestCafe or frameworks such as Selenium/Cucumber/Appium
- RESTful services
- Testing experience with Android and iOS clients
- Knowledge of React.js, or PHP
- Experience with JSON data formats
- You will be a part of our growing international Berlin team of 55 people (over 27 different languages are spoken at the office and we don’t plan to stop there)
- You get to work in a dynamic environment with insanely talented people where new features in large scale products are being shipped regularly
- You will grow your career and competencies working in an environment where learning is paramount and not restricted by budgets or reporting
- We give you the freedom to make your own decisions (we trust our employees and are invested in their success)
- Flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Please note that this posting will close on September 14 at 9 am CET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.