About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. (Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Culture Kings, Youfoodz, Koala, Elle McPherson, Decjuba, Allbirds and many more). To accelerate our growth, we’re searching for an exceptional Sales Lead to join the Shopify Plus team in Germany.
Shopify Plus is new here, so you will be responsible for helping us build on our early successes in the German market. In this role, you will help build and manage the local Sales team, help define the processes, run the experiments, and make the calls. This team will be critical to our success and will have the opportunity to impact Shopify Plus and help our growth in Germany and across EMEA.
We're rapidly building a local cross-functional team in Berlin capable of acting on country specific growth opportunities, supported by teams in Canada.
Why is this exciting?
You will be one of the first leaders on the ground in Germany for Shopify Plus, as well as one of the first of our Sales team in one of our most exciting and fastest growing markets.
We’re building for the long term here. It is a chance to join a start-up within the larger Shopify Plus org and influence what Plus looks like for Enterprise merchants in Germany. It’s not going to be easy, it’s a complex challenge with lots of nuances, challenges and opportunities.
We need creative thinkers, people that thrive in an empowered environment and love to build. We need people who want to break down walls and make things happen. This role and the team you build will be critical to our success.
What would you do here?
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for Germany.
- Create and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes for our team in Germany.
- Lead customer acquisition and revenue generation for Shopify Plus in Germany.
- Build and lead a high performing sales team in a player-coach role.
- Engage and educate the German market on Shopify Plus’ product offerings.
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers, acting as a trusted advisor and focusing on merchant-centric solutions.
You'll Need to Have:
- Passion for sales and for building amazing teams.
- A love for data and how it can help sales teams win.
- Experience in direct sales management in Germany, preferably in e-commerce, SaaS, or Technology sales.
- The desire to get your hands dirty and have an impact.
- Deep understanding of sales cycles, metrics and experience closing complex enterprise sales cycles.
- Experience mentoring and coaching sales and customer success teams to achieve significant impact as well as building, scaling and managing large teams.
- A clear understanding of the German market.
- Gravitas and experience to be the face of Shopify Plus in Germany.
- Strong communication skills in both languages (English and German).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work (...we've been through this interview process after all 😏) and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application. If your CV stands for itself, that's great, but we always love to find out more about people, so feel free to include a cover letter.
|Solutions Engineering Lead - Shopify Plus||Sales and Account Management||Berlin, Germany|