About the role
The world has changed and we’re changing with it!
Although our roots are in e-commerce, we are working with many of the world’s most innovative brands on the renaissance of online and in-person commerce, powered by Shopify technology.
As our merchants reinvent themselves with courage, ingenuity, and drive, we too are reimagining our future. We are revolutionizing how we work and support our merchants by operating in a fully distributed work-from-home “digital by default” environment as we build the future of commerce.
Our growing sales teams work directly with notable brands and entrepreneurs to develop their commerce strategies — whether that is starting or expanding their brick & mortar operations or e-commerce business, adopting our Money solutions, or leveraging the power of Shopify fulfilment to scale.
At Shopify there is a unique opportunity for high impact sales professionals to build a career with a company that will continually provide opportunities for growth.
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience in sales development, sales and/or sales leadership experience
- Experience leading a high-performance sales team in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of how to build teams and culture considering recruitment, people development and coaching
- The ability to leverage data to inform coaching, feedback and development conversations
- Experience with regular call coaching as well as team metrics and results; managing for performance
- Utilized quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- A growth mindset and a strong desire to continuously improve your skillset and your teams.
- A collaborative mindset to proactively work with both your peers and cross-functional teams to make our people, our merchants and Shopify better.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Coaching Account Executives to achieve their personal and professional development goals
- Collaborating with teams across Shopify to build infrastructure for a growing team and customer base
- Providing input on marketing and product priorities
- Creating an implementing processes and tools to reflect best practices
- Hiring people with the character and competency needed to deliver great merchant experiences.
- Manage team functions and rituals: stand-ups and 1:1s, coaching plans, team building activities etc.
- Building upon our awesome, team oriented culture
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.