About the role
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our Salesforce Support Operations team. You will be a key resource to support scaling & maintaining the Salesforce.com platform across sales, marketing, partners, & service business units at Shopify. Specifically, you will build from scratch automated tests to support our Salesforce platform and its customizations.
If you have the skill set to work on testing assignments for projects that follow Agile, and can review codes for bugs, design, write, maintain, and scale complex test frameworks, and sometimes even set up test environments from scratch; we want to hear from you!
You’ll get to do things like:
- Create testing-related documentation, test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk
- Testing: Functional, Unit, Manual, Automated, Load, Deployment, Security, Ad-hoc
- Communicate test results to business stakeholders and project team
- Participate actively in functional, system, integration and regression testing activities within project timelines
- Collaborate with development team to help define software requirements, design and implementation to ensure testability, scalability, maintainability, and reliability
- Establish a mechanism capturing and maintaining feedback documented during the quality feedback review cycle
- Assist in the refinement of how developers unit test their code and ensure proper coverage is being maintained
- Report metrics on quality engineering process and act on those metrics to improve process effectiveness, test execution, and product quality
Does this sound like you?
- You have 5+ years of software development experience with the last 3 years focused exclusively in Salesforce
- You are experienced with automation (release and testing) in an SaaS environment with short release cycles
- You have the ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical Shopifolk
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution oriented attitude
- You have hands on experience with Apex development, SOAP/REST API, and are well-versed in Service Oriented Architectures
- You can demonstrate experience with one or more: software reliability, automated test maintenance, static analysis, or code coverage
- You have a history of applying appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle
- You have the ability to utilize metrics and understand processes related to effective quality assurance and testing progress.
- You have extensive experience with web and database application technologies, automated testing, frameworks and tools
It’d be great if you had the following:
- Systems and technology knowledge: GIT, SQL/SOQL, JIRA
- Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform Developer
- Energy and a wicked work ethic
- A love for trying new things, iterating, and then diving in again - all at a super fast pace
Posting will be live until July 27th, Candidates will hear back the week of Aug 6-10
|Agile Project Manager||Customer Support||Ottawa, Canada|