About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. At Shopify, we care deeply about our people. This requires strong physical security operations, safety, and emergency management programs globally, allowing Shopifolk to do their best work while keeping them safe and secure.
We are looking for someone in Toronto to help build and maintain physical security operations, safety, and emergency management programs to enhance our ability to prevent, detect, and respond to security threats and incidents. You will focus on ensuring employee safety and security and as a result, positively impacting the experience of all Shopifolk. The team you will be a part of is responsible for the upkeep, expansion, and support of our physical security operations, safety and emergency management programs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, auditing, inspecting and improving physical security operations, safety, and emergency management programs globally.
- Creating supporting documentation, training, and procedures for our physical security operations, safety, and emergency management programs globally.
- Planning physical security, safety, and emergency management projects and deployments.
- Supporting other teams with our security programs, as well as providing trainingInteracting with third party companies and vendors with regards to security projects globally.
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop and implement security operations programs and projects.
- Continuously working on the advancement of our safety and security programs to ensure industry standards and best practices
- Continuously being relied upon as subject matter experts within Shopify
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in implementing physical security operations, safety, and emergency management programs, including third party threat and risk assessments, critical emergency incident management and investigations, off-site events, security guidelines, training and communications
- Experience managing and prioritizing many large physical security operations, safety, and emergency management projects
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment with limited instruction
- Strong communication skills and relentless attention to detail
- An analytical mind that can solve complex issues, while remaining data-informed
- Strong project management skills
- Possibility to travel 20% of the time
- Ability to be on-call as a part of a security on-call rotation
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
- CPP/PSP or other relevant security and emergency management certifications (e.g. AED, CEM, ABCP)
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience in a security role which should include some combination of management of physical security operations, safety, and emergency management programs, and project management
- An excellent understanding of physical security operations, safety and emergency management program fundamentals
This posting will close on December 1st at 5PM, EST. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Kyle is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you! You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.