About the role
At Shopify, we empower 500,000+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help drive our product direction and make things better for our merchants. One incredibly important area of focus is Shipping costs. Shipping is usually one of the top marginal costs of running an online store. Combine that with impact on purchase conversion rates and the potential to make commerce WAY better through optimization becomes apparent.
We are looking for a Data Scientist for both the Shipping and Money teams! Working closely with the product team, you will help to drive optimization in this area through the development of machine learning models that are scaled across our 500,000+ merchants.
You'll Need to Have:
- Strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
It'd be great if you had:
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Solmaz.
|Senior Software Engineer - Fraud Detection||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Data Scientist - Shipping Services||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|
|Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|
|Data Scientist||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|