About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while continually looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
When buyers find something they love online, nothing takes the wind out of their sails like filling in a ton of fields at checkout. Frictionless commerce is an integral part of our strategy, which is why we built Shopify Pay and support Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal. Shopify Pay is our accelerated checkout product, and it expanded rapidly since its launch two years ago. More than $4.4 billion of GMV has been processed through Shopify Pay since then, with more than 32 million buyers opting in. Shopify Pay is quickly becoming one of the best ways for buyers to checkout online, and more importantly, it is making checkouts faster for our merchants.
As a Senior Design Manager on the Shopify Pay team, you’ll advocate for customer-centric thinking to enable your team to design solutions that elevate our services and delight our customers. We’re looking for a thoughtful leader and collaborator to champion user experience; someone who listens deeply, works well with the team and is driven to create amazing product experiences.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Hire and grow a team of world-class designers
- Get hands-on when needed
- Identify and mentor our future design leaders
- Coach team members and help them develop in their careers
- Shape the vision and design direction of our future products
- Inspire and motivate team members to create well-thought-out customer-centric design
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product management, marketing, data, and senior leadership to ship fantastic product experiences
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience managing a team of designers
- Experience working as a product designer with a proven record of shipping visually stunning high impact work
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- You deeply care about users and the world they live in
- Experienced at describing and documenting your design process and decisions
- Skilled at receiving and giving constructive feedback to produce the best possible work
We offer immigration and relocation support for successful candidates, so even if you live far away, consider applying.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Friday, February 21 at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.