About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest-growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
We're massively scaling what shipping and fulfillment mean to the hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses that use Shopify and we need all levels of developers to make that happen. This is a role where you can think big! What is the future of logistics? How can Shopify deliver the best post point of sale experience on the planet?
We’re looking for senior developers and managers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive.
You’ll need to have extensive experience with:
- Building backend web services using Ruby on Rails, Node.js, or similar.
- We run primarily on MySQL, though familiarity with any relational database is great
- Building and scaling user-focused web applications using a modern web development stack (Typescript, React, Apollo)
It’d be amazing if you;
- Have a history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Have knowledge of how a logistics network operates. Shipping inventory, fulfilling orders, or the internal operations of a warehouse
- Experience with development on a leading cloud provider (GCE, AWS, Azure, …)
You’ll be doing things like;
- Writing well-tested, beautiful and fast code in either Ruby or ReactTypeScript or both!
- Collaborating with other Shopify developers and external partners to provide a world-class experience for merchants
- Solving complex problems that impact how inventory flows into a warehouse and how orders are fulfilled and shipped from the warehouse
- Contributing back to the open source community
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Designing and building innovative features that are driven by web scale data
How to Apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of shipping at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Friday, October 3rd at 5pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Production Platform||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Security Engineering Lead - Mobile Applications||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Staff Security Developer - Internal Security||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Infrastructure Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Production Engineering - Datastores - Database Engineer -||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Web Developer (Shopify Web)||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Waterloo|
|Senior Web Developer - Vault Tools||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Storefront Renderer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Anti-Abuse Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|