About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for businesses around the world.
Shopify's User Experience Team is focused on enabling people to make commerce better at a global scale. With over 400 designers, content strategists, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow. The UX Team at Shopify has the mission to make commerce better for everyone… everywhere!
The Retail UX team is responsible for creating in-person selling experiences for small businesses around the world. The UX team is comprised of product and industrial design, user experience research, content strategy, and UX development. Together with Product and Engineering Teams the UX Team champions the exploration, validation and design of innovative solutions that solve real problems in today's traditional retail setting.
As a Senior Growth Designer at Shopify, you will:
- Think through complex business and user problems to develop solutions that drive product forward
- Find possible areas of impact, help prioritize them, then design solutions for them
- Use data to help define hypotheses and uncover hidden opportunities
- Conduct research to better understand why users upgrade and why users churn
- Collaborate closely with teams across Go-to-Market teams (marketing, partnerships, sales) as well as RnD Teams
- Execute experiments that cleanly answer the hypothesis at hand
- Be a champion of the user
For this role, you’ll need:
- Bias towards experimentation rather than perfection
- Experience with SaaS/B2B, their billing models and user lifecycles
- Both product and marketing design understanding - you’re able to design a high-converting landing page one day, and dive into designing an in-product onboarding experience the next
- A data informed approach to design - you’ve used tools and resources needed to measure success of design decisions (A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc.)
- A scrappy, resourceful approach to projects - you’re proactive and great at self-assigning tasks
- An understanding of conversion rates, metrics, and everything in between
- Great communication skills
- The ability to balance using data vs creative thinking to make product decisions.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This posting will close on March 31st at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.